Welcome to our complete training program on how to use WordPress for web development! WordPress has become a powerful tool for building dynamic, customizable websites in the world of web design and development. Our training is meant to give you the skills and information you need to become a skilled WordPress developer and make web solutions that are both interesting and useful.
Why WordPress Development?
WordPress runs a lot of websites on the internet because it is flexible, easy to use, and has a large community of plugins. Here’s why it is important to learn WordPress development if you want to make powerful web experiences:
Using themes, plugins, and custom code, WordPress writers can make websites that are unique and fit their needs.
WordPress has a simple content management system that makes it easy to update and control the content on a website.
WordPress has options for e-commerce, which makes it a great way to set up online stores and sell things.
Community and Support:
WordPress has a big and active community that offers resources, tutorials, and forums.
Key Highlights of Our Training:
Introduction to WordPress:
Learn about the WordPress ecosystem, its features, and how it can help with web building.
Setting up WordPress:
Learn how to install and set up WordPress, as well as how to choose themes and manage plugins.
Learn how to make your own WordPress themes, plan layouts, and make sure they work well on mobile devices.
Look into making your own plugins to add features and usefulness to WordPress websites.
Custom Post Types and Taxonomies:
Learn how to make and handle custom content types and taxonomies.
E-Commerce with WooCommerce:
Use the popular WooCommerce plugin to start building online shops.
Security and Performance:
Learn about the best ways to keep WordPress secure, how to optimize it, and how to cache it.
Integration and APIs:
Look into ways to add third-party services, APIs, and social media to WordPress websites.
Why Choose Our WordPress Development Training?
Learn from experienced WordPress developers who share real-world tips and the best ways to do things in the business.
Learn by doing real-world projects, coding tasks, and making new themes and plugins.
Web Development Mastery:
Learn how to make custom websites, themes, and apps, which is a skill that is in high demand.
Getting ahead in your career: Knowing how to use WordPress development opens doors in web design, freelance development, and digital businesses.
Flexible Learning Formats:
You can choose to take online courses at your own pace and schedule.
Who Should Attend:
- Web Developers and Designers
- Freelancers and Entrepreneurs
- Content Managers and Marketers
- Anyone interested in mastering WordPress development
Why Choose Checkmate IT Tech?
If you are looking for training providers that offer ongoing support and resources to help you succeed in your WordPress Development journey. Checkmate IT offers a comprehensive introduction to WordPress Development, including both theoretical and practical aspects. These may include access to trainers, online communities, practice exercises, and job placement assistance. Checkmate IT Tech offers flexible training options that suit your schedule and learning preferences.
- Understanding the Basics of WordPress and its Role in Web Development
- Overview of WordPress Platform and Ecosystem
- Setting up a Local Development Environment for WordPress
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard and Admin Interface
- Navigating Posts, Pages, Media, and Comments
- Customizing User Profiles and Settings
- Understanding WordPress Themes and their Structure
- Installing and Activating Themes
- Customizing Themes: Using the WordPress Customizer
- Introduction to HTML, CSS, and PHP in WordPress Themes
- Building a Basic WordPress Theme
- Adding Template Files, Widgets, and Menus
- Creating Child Themes for Extending and Customizing Existing Themes
- Overriding Parent Theme Styles and Templates
- Implementing Custom Page Templates
- Understanding WordPress Plugins and their Purpose
- Building and Activating a Simple WordPress Plugin
- Adding Custom Functions, Shortcodes, and Widgets
- Creating Custom Post Types for Different Content Types
- Implementing Custom Taxonomies for Organizing Content
- Displaying Custom Content in Templates
- Adding Theme Support for Features: Post Thumbnails, Custom Backgrounds, etc.
- Using Hooks and Filters for Extending Themes and Plugins
- Implementing AJAX Requests in Plugins
- Introduction to WooCommerce for Building Online Stores
- Setting up and Configuring WooCommerce
- Customizing WooCommerce Layouts and Templates
- Building Multilingual Sites with Plugins like WPML
- Understanding WordPress Multisite and its Use Cases
- Setting up and Managing Multisite Installations
- Implementing Security Best Practices for WordPress Development
- Optimizing Website Performance with Caching and Minification
- Securing WordPress with Plugins and Regular Updates
- Guided Hands-On Projects: Developing Fully Functional WordPress Websites
- Student Presentations and Website Demonstrations
- Review of Key Concepts and Takeaways
- Discussion of Further Learning Paths and Resources
- Certificates of Completion
- WordPress Installation and Configuration
- Theme Development and Customization
- Plugin Development and Customization
- PHP Programming for WordPress
- Responsive Design for Mobile Compatibility
- Page Builders (e.g., Elementor, Divi)
- Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
- WordPress REST API and Integration
- WooCommerce Development (if applicable)
- WordPress Security Best Practices
- Performance Optimization for WordPress
- Database Management and Optimization
- Multilingual Websites with WPML or Polylang
- Backup and Restore Procedures
Meet Your Mentors
Jonathon is also teaching Swift Programming at Checkmate IT. Jonathan has been making websites for the last 6 years. Specializes in making websites that look good and are easy to use for clients in many different businesses. Jonathon is skilled enough in Front-end coding, responsive design, and integrating third-party tools to improve how a website works. Training Insights: WordPress offers endless possibilities. As a mentor in the WordPress Development Course, Jonathan is thrilled to help students master the skills needed to create seamless, captivating websites.
Sai is an experienced computer developer and teacher who loves the WordPress platform. She has worked in the field for more than 10 years and has helped clients ranging from new businesses to established businesses. Course Insights: As an instructor, Sai is committed to share her knowledge about how to make WordPress websites that are dynamic and interesting. Her method of mentoring is hands-on and real-world. She helps students build real-world projects like custom blogs and online stores.
Raghav Aria is a proficient WordPress developer and educator. He offers a holistic approach to mentoring due to his front-end and back-end development experience. Michael led the creation of a content-rich news website that ranks high in search engines. Course Insights: His mentoring style combines code, design, and user experience. Michael's passion is to help students build powerful WordPress websites. He is a valuable mentor for those aspiring to excel in web development.
Admissions are closed once the requisite number of participants enroll for the upcoming cohort. Apply early to secure your seat.
Career Services By Checkmate IT Tech
Frequently Asked Questions
Using the WordPress content management system (CMS), WordPress development includes making websites and apps. It is important because WordPress runs a lot of websites on the internet and makes it easy to create and handle web content.
Even though knowing how to code can help, you do not need to know a lot of code to learn WordPress development. It is best to know HTML, CSS, and some simple PHP.
When you learn WordPress programming, you can learn how to make custom themes, plugins, customize websites, use responsive design, and work with databases.
A normal WordPress development course will teach you how to make themes, plugins, work with the WordPress API, change the layout of a website, and improve its performance.
Even though there is not a standard certification for developing with WordPress, you can show off your skills by making websites and helping to open-source WordPress projects.
Yes, we do offer job placement services after training to help you get a job. This help includes access to tools, chances to meet new people, help with making a resume, and help getting ready for an interview.
You can do things like make a custom WordPress theme, build an e-commerce site with WooCommerce, or redesign a current WordPress site.
Yes, you can specialize in things like front-end theme development, back-end plugin development, e-commerce solutions, website speed optimization, or become a certified WordPress developer.
Getting to know WordPress development can lead to jobs like WordPress Developer, Web Developer, Front-End Developer, Back-End Developer, and other roles in web design and development-related businesses.